Shadoks Paintball
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Paintball Pompe & Stock-Class

AccueilDernières imagesRechercherS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ ...
Voir le deal

Quel âge a mon Cocker ?

5 participants
AuteurMessage
Allblack

Allblack

Quel âge a mon Cocker ? Empty
MessageSujet: Quel âge a mon Cocker ?   Quel âge a mon Cocker ? EmptyVen 26 Fév - 10:17

salut à tous,

avant que la page de Section 8 ne tombe, j'avais effectué une copie.

Elle comprend de bonnes indications sur la date de production des corps de Cocker (c'est ce qui fait actuellement référence en fait), et fini par un bout d'histoire: des échanges entre Glenn Palmer et le fils de Bud Orr concernant la paternité du système de réarmement spécifique aux AC.
Il manque les photos d'origine, la plupart sont disponible sur Vintage Rex (site frère de MCB).

Merci à ceux qui ont effectué le boulot que je ne fais que reproduire.

Enjoy !

"Disclaimer : Section8 a scenario paintball team, has never been a business, nor will it every be a business. Section8 has nothing to sell - goods or services. Any advice given on this site related to products are intended for Section8 members. If you find anything in this site that you find contrary to this statement - please bring it to the attention of a team member and we will work to resolve the confusion.
From Wikipedia
"Worr Game Products (WGP) is a manufacturer of paintball markers and equipment based originally in Corona, California. It is best-known for its Autococker line of paintball markers. Founded in 1987 by Bud Orr ("Worr" is a play on Orr's last name)out of his garage, WGP is one of the oldest companies in the sport. Bud started out making Nelson clone pumps, first the Commando and then the Ranger, deciding to switch to a more versatile design, he started making Sheridan clones with removable barrels called the Sniper. Sniper II's were eventually converted into autocockers.
Bud Orr left the company in 2006. His son, Jeff, is still an engineer for WGP.
In 2004, WGP was acquired by K2, Inc.. In 2007 all of K2 was purchased by Jarden Corporation. All of WGP's business is now based in Carlsbad, California."

Autococker Dating

Model Serial Numbers Year Made
Sniper I 1 - 500 1987 Bud was making Sniper 1 - machined bodies - in his garage
Sniper I 500 - 2107 1988 - 1989 ((774 Thumper says)

Sniper 1 1/2 2108 - 2524 Early 1989 http://www.mcarterbrown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?action=viewnews&id=230
Reference : From November of 1989 APG issue
If it's over #2100 then they will have the sniper II body.
They used up the Sniper 1 stock (so the #2100 - 2500 is more or less a sniper 1 1/2, after that they were true sniper II's.
Joelrf600r: "a 1.5 is the nickname for the transition guns that didn't have all the sniper2 features, but had the extruded sniper2 body. They essentially have the extruded body, but still have the sniper1 style bolt/block combo. some of them have the sniper1 pump, others have the sniper2 pump. i don't know what the number range is for them."

2524 looks like a 1.5

Sniper II 2525 - 2891 1989(>Summer) In the article if refers to the switch in the summer of '89.
"WGP made the switch from a machined to an extruded receiver. Snipers with serial numbers over 2000 have the extruded bodies, as do all the new Sniper II's." Also states that breech chamber size was reduced after serial #400 to prevent double feeds. The pictures in the article show serial number 2555.
APG press release Nov 1989 -- pg58/59 -- pg61 -- pg62 -- pg64
I know 2530 is a sniper II --
PAINTCHECK Mar 1990 press release -- pg23
I know 2841 is a sniper II (Firepro84's)

Sniper II 3757 90 check out Firepro84's 3757 sniper II - 1990 is best guess.

PAINTCHECK Mar 1990 press release ---- pg22 -- pg23

Sniper II 6138 91 (JAGCPT says '91)
APG August 1991 ad
Dec 1991 Paintcheck --  pg25/26 --  pg29

6116 to
8942 92 6116 WALKING TARGET says
6314 WALKING TARGET says
6427 PAINTHAPPY says
6498 DRAKEN says
8283 SDAWG says
8346 Firepro's
8942 PAINTHAPPY says
9,226 93 9226 Firepro's - best guess '93

16,552 94 (16552 THUMPER says)

17,000's - 28,000's 95 17000 low : Wolf13 says
I think & hear 17206 is a late 94, early 95 (air-powered debate)
(20834 THUMPER says 95)

29,745 96 29745 (jasons) - Thumper says 96 - backblock

35,668 -
39,485 97 35,668 is a 97 - full square body, slanted back block
39485 is a 97 - I know -- full square body.
40,033 to 60,141 98 40033 is a 98
40177 is a 98
44235 is a 98
60141 is a 98 -- timing rod not threaded

60,764 to
72,450 99 60764 is a 99 -- slanted gills, threaded rod
72450 is a 99 - definitely not 2K (from Vortex body)
73,607 - 88,888 2K0 I know 73,607 is a 2K0 -- and Kmac says so too..
I know 74,139 is a 2K0
I know 88,888 is a 2K0
95,672 - 107,438 2K1 I know 95,672 is a 2K1 (one cozie sold)
I know 97,598 is a 2K1
Cockertech.com says 98,477 is a 2K1
99,279 is a 2K1 (tallen702)
I think 107,438 is a 2K1
109,637 -
140,149 2K2 109637 is a 2k2 (vert feed)
I hear 123,106, is a 2k2 (draken @ warpig)
I think 126,775 (Rich's RF) }
I think 131,000 (stockclasspaintball - VF)
I think 140,149 - ebay seller
146,405 -
188,475 2k3 146,405 - Sirr Killed A Lott @ Warpig
188,475 - half a55 guess (draken @ warpig)
(content below is an exerpt Wikipedia - Author unknown)

The Autococker was introduced in 1989 as an upgrade to the successful Sniper 2 pump, followed in the mid 90's by the Minicocker, which used a shortened version of the Autococker body and moved the ASA to the bottom of the front block (the first Minicockers were chopped down full size Autocockers. The Minicockers were easly spotted due to the serial number being almost completly removed. It proved a popular enough conversion WGP introduced its own line along with a Sniper 3.). The Autococker remained largely unchanged throughout the early to mid '90s. It was available in right- and left-feed models, and suffered from the lack of what are now considered standard features. Ball detents, threaded and flattened timing rod (slip fit was standard)and a timing hole drilled (sear lug otherwise had to be adjusted by removing the frame). Centerfeeds made an appearance ~'94, produced and serialed by WGP but exclusively distributed by Bob Long to the public as Bob Long Signature series or to custom houses. This would set the stage later on for a shortage of vert feed bodies and the appearance of aftermarket bodies.
In the late '90s, factory Autococker development began to ramp up in response to a burgeoning aftermerket for the Autococker. An inline regulator was added standard in the later '90s, and center-feed bodies began to become more common. The 2000s saw further development of factory Autocockers as WGP felt pressure to keep pace with the newer electropneumatic guns and compete with the by-then large aftermarket, as well as try to hold onto the Autococker's position near the top of the market. WGP eventually introduced adjustable LPRs, electronic triggers, milled bodies, and a host of other high-performance parts. In 2005 WGP introduced its first factory halfblock Autococker.
Throughout its history, the Autococker has enjoyed considerable success on the field at all levels of play. For years it was considered one of the top tournament guns and still sees use by some teams playing pro and semi-pro circuits.
-------------------
2007 : (content below is an exerpt Wikipedia - Author unknown) -- Wolf13 says he contributed to this blurb -- I tend to believe him.
The Autococker began life in late 1986 when Bud Orr created the original Sniper pump marker, by carving the works of a standard Sheridan PGP into an aluminum block that would accept a longer barrel. The Sniper was operated in a manner similar to pump-action shotguns in that it had to be manually recocked after each shot to load the next round. In 1987, Orr founded Worr Game Products to sell the products he was developing, and by 1988 he was running the business full-time. In order to stay competitive with the rising popularity of semiautomatic markers in early 90s, Orr added a pneumatic system onto the Sniper. The pneumatics automatically re-cocked the marker after each shot and in 1990, the Autococker was born. There is a lot of controversy as to whether the design was stolen from Glenn Palmer (who has repeatidly and publicly made and defended this claim and has given a detailed accounting of the circumstances) or was actually Bud's innovation.
Although heavily criticized for reliability and a number of design defects, it proved to be an easy platform to work off of and aftermarket parts started to appear shortly after its inception. One of the most fundamental and important upgrades was the Palmer “Rock” low pressure regulator (LPR) to replace the troublesome stock LPR. With a variety of options appearing for parts, Belsales in the UK became the first company to build WGP-certified aftermarket cockers, called “Evolution” in 1993. Throughout the remainder of the 1990’s, dozens of shops ranging from large notables such as Shocktech, Eclipse, Belsales and FreeFlow down to small one man pro-shop operations made a business of servicing and customizing autocockers with price tags of nearly $2000 for high end models. A combination of performance, upgradeability and cosmetic options made it one of the top tournament markers of the 90’s. Only the Automag rivaled it in popularity until electronic markers appeared. Indeed, the autococker was so ubiquitous that its barrel threading became one of the most commonly-used standards on high-end markers (akin to how firearm cartridge sizes are named for the first firearm that used them). To this day, "autococker threading" can be found on higher-end markers.
By the turn of the century, with the advent and increased popularity of electro-pneumatics, it no longer became profitable for specialized shops to produce custom autocockers, and they slowly began to disappear. By the early 21st-century, the autococker was no longer considered the top tournament marker in the sport.
Serial numbers
WGP marked every body it made with a serial number. It is important to note that Autocockers and Minicockers had two different lines of serial numbers, i.e. the first Minicocker was marked #1 again, so low-serial number Minicockers are substantially "newer" than low-serial number Autocockers.
Year Made

1984 - Sheridan adds a pump handle to their PG.
Inspired by the Sheridan Valve Train, Bud Orr begins works on building a more rubust body to add a removable barrel to.

1987 - Sniper 1 introduced - hand made by Bud in his garage.
Note the 4 ribbed pump grip and Sheridan frame.

Many came w/ square ASA's and many came w/ the more standard round ASA's
On square block asa's: PBJedi : "Square block Snipers where early guns that used a different style pin valve. I have #274 with a square block, The highest # I've seen was #311. Many went back to Worr game and got the asa replaced to use the pin valves that had become standard by that time."
Sniper 1s we also available in 62 caliber

ForePro's #50
Vintage Rex's #165 Thompson
Painthappy's 62 #120 -- ssn -- pic2
pic from vintage rex

1988 - Sniper I - shown w/ thompson stock, ribbed barrel
pic from vintage rex

pic Thompson Style (May 1988)

pic 'California Style' Bud Orr WGP Sniper Gun (July 1988)

Early Summer 1989 - Sniper 1.5 --
Note integral full length site rail (Sniper II) and still using Sniper I back block/bolt/screw and 4 rib pump handle -- SSN 2524 shown from ebay sale

Best Guess for this one at June 1989 - Possibly May

Summer 1989 - Sniper II is introduced -- The two main issues for the new design were the redesigned valve that decreased dwell increasing 12 gram efficiency from 15 good shots to 25 shots to help compete w/ Nelson based markers being used at the time - and a "quick strip bolt" that made for quicker field cleaning. ( Apparently tournament players complained about the number of turns needed to unscrew the barrels to clean.)
Another major change was Bud shifting to extruded aluminum bodies.

APG press release Nov 1989 -- pg58/59 -- pg61 -- pg62 -- pg64

PAINTCHECK Mar 1990 press release ---- pg22 -- pg23
The ribbed barrel was an upgrade feature for the Sniper II's (not standard)
Note sight rail, and bolt comes through rear block
the pump grip handles came both in both 4 rib and 9 rib versions.
APG August 1991 ad
The Sniper II, is easily recognized by its full-length integrated sight rail and quick release bolt hole in back block.
Old ad w/ all models shown
Great Close up of California Style

• Minicocker offered
• Ball detent standard from Cooper-T
• anonym: "Everything Pre-97 was a "glossy" black anodizing."
• anonym: "Bud upgraded the old skinny LPR to his new "self-regulating Sledgehammer" LPR (the one that was replaced in 2K).

• Cut backblock standard on all models
• lightened bolt standard on all models
• beavertail standard.
• Optional carbon fiber gripframe.
• Ram, 3-way polished from factory.
• "Gills" in pneumatics shroud.
• anonym: "In 1997, they came out with that "flat black industrial hardcoat" finish that lasted until the color options in 2001"
• anonym: "Sometime in early '97, the trigger plates changed (as well as the internal dimensions of the frames) to what is considered the standard on trigger plates. Prior to 2K, only STO models came with the non-slotted plates. On 2K models, the standard was the rounded (non-slotted) nickel plated STO trigger plate."

1998 -
• Top Timing hole added
• Screw IVG introduced (previously was a smooth fitting held in by beavertail screw.
• WGP inline regulator standard.
• Front of sight rail sloped
• rear of sight rail rounded.
• bottom edge of body rounded - excluding asa
• Nelson spring-compatible hammer.
• Enlarged valve chamber.

1999 -
• 1999 Threaded timing rod standard.
• Short brass ram introduced.
• Polished, nickel-plated trigger plates.
• Angled "gills" in pneumatics shroud.
• anonym: "You have the ram upgrade mentioned, but the LPR and x-way were upgraded as well. The x-way did away with the c-clips and endcaps and they went w/ a one-piece body w/ a shorter throw, and the old 3-piece Sledgehammer regulator was swapped out for the "sto-style" regulator with the adjustment access through the fitting hole (instead of removing the rear part of the regulator body). All of the "upgraded" pneumatics were standard up until here recently."

2000 -
• Valve chamber enlarged.
• Front block screw enlarged.
• Body was milled down and rounded further including pump rod slots on both sides of the body, and the asa mount.
• Jewel on body introduced.
• bolt length and body configuration standardized
• ANONYM: "On 2K models, the standard was the rounded (non-slotted) nickel plated STO trigger plate."
tallen702 says: "Also, you may want to note that 200 of the markers around serial number 99279 were custom-milled by WGP for the original Black Magic series. They have full herring-bone milling from the back block all the way to the breech and barrel. No rail, most were either splash anno or fade, and only a few were custom color jobs that were factory made and sold as body-kits at the '01 IAO in Cranberry PA."

2001 -
• Plastic shroud introduced.
• the logo on the jewel is a bit less orange and more yellow
• the back block is had rounded edges on the read to shave off a gram or two.
• The grip frame composite plastic and is nice and fattened up to help prevent breakage.

• Vertical feed available on base model.(previously available around 1998 on the STO model and mid 90's WGP bodies sold through exclusive distribution by Bob Long and aftermarket bodies)
• Hinge trigger standard on all models also quick pull pin.
• QFT : "2k2 came in both side feed and vert feed. I owned a 2k2 side feed. The vert feed cost extra. Same with color anno jobs; they were optional in the last half of 2002, but not every gun had them. "

2003 -
• QFT : "2003 was the first year they standardized vertical feed. It's also the first year they really started milling the guns AND coloring them."
• 2003 smooth stylish milling standard improved open face bolt(still aluminum) No more right or left feeds. Vertical feed only

• new milling and brass on pneumatics now plated with nickel.
• modification to the stock inline regulator making it more comfortable and easier to disasemble for maintanance or adjustment.
• also new small externally adjustable lpr standard.
• comes with asa and steel braid.
• Shroud no longer included.
• Better barrel that does not have lug for the front of the shound and has porting.

2005 - VFT introduced"

June 28, 2004
Trent C. Keisling
Keisling Pieper & Scott PLC
1 East Center Street, suite 217
Fayetteville, Arkansas 72707
Re: Intellectual Property Holdings, Your File No. 012964
Dear Sir:
My name is Glenn Palmer; owner/operator of Palmers Pursuit Shop, which was established in 1987 but has remained a relatively small, service based, operation that also manufactures many products relevant to the situation at hand. Specifically, the auto-cocking, pneumatic system that your client, Worr Games Products, would like for us to believe they have intellectual rights to. In short, I am the one that invented, developed and produced the auto-cocking system, mechanisms and some of the individual components that were adapted for use on/in the Paintball gun now known as the Autococker ™. As such, the true owner of some “valuable intellectual properties”.
After my review of a letter from you to Action Markers, I was thoroughly dismayed by the nefarious nature of its content. While I certainly understand one’s desire to protect their property in this industry, I cannot overlook the fact that your client has long been intentionally and knowingly copying my products and developments, as well as those of several others in and outside of the Paintball industry, thus causing “excessive customer confusion” that can no longer “continue unabated”. Given the present set of circumstances, I find threats of expensive litigation in the Federal Courts, to be utterly reprehensible so I must openly refute all unreasonable claims of “proprietary technologies” and “intellectual property” made by anyone representing or affiliated with the Worr Games Products organization, made for the purpose of creating hardships for others in the business of Paintball. Unfortunately, K2 bought into the same misrepresentations that the folks at WGP have been promoting for about 14 years now, which has in fact brought significant financial loss to me and others.
From my layman’s point of view, it seems that you need to reevaluate your position in regards to the assets that were gained in the acquisition of Worr Games Products Inc. . It may just be that K2 and their new affiliates are actually infringing on MY intellectual properties and might consider this as a demand to cease and desists doing so.
Should you or any of your clients wish to discuss this in greater depth, I can be reached at my place of business between the hours 2:00 and 6:00 PM, Pacific time, most weekdays. See letterhead for contact information. I look forward to your prompt response.
Sincerely,
Glenn E. Palmer
Glenn : They never did respond to me. I'm pretty sure that the last thing they want is for what I know - and can prove- to become a matter of fact in the public record.
Glenn: Actually, this all started many years before K2 had any interest in Paintball. Mr Orr has been marketing a false image all along and K2 fell for it too, just as you have. He has been quite adept at taking credit for the efforts of so many others while completely avoiding responsibility for any bad things that are seen. The corporate lawyers are just the muscle behind the cover up.
Hurricane Press Release -- PaintCheck 6/1990
pg26 pg27
Hurricane Press Release -- APG 12/1990
pg47 pg49 pg94 pg95
from Glenn Palmer on the Camille :
"I began putting "Camille" together in early August 1988 and it became a working model in Sept. '88.. However, I didn't get a couple of bugs worked out of the automation system, namely the switch (4-way valve) and timing setup until late October. I dubbed it a Hurricane because most would simply seek out the best cover available when it was bearing down on them...In all honesty here, I got the idea for my automation system from David Craig who was Mat Brown's partner in what was then Adventure Game Supplies, now TASO. He had a really strange looking prototype of an automated Sheridan at a tournament in New York ...I wanted a semi for myself because an old football injury in my shoulder was causing me considerable discomfort from pumping a gun several hundred times a day, especially in tournament play...." full text here
Glenn: in 1996 in this online chat here
[21:50] *Typhoon* U bet, they paid attention... Bud applied the system that i developed to the Sniper an viola... Autococker
Wolf13 adds :
"WGP/K2 sent cease and desist letters all the companies using non wg body's including CCM and Action Markers a couple of years ago, killing the CCM semiauto's (AM was already struggling and closed shortly after). This letter prompted Glen Palmer to write his famous open letter to K2 in response for round 312 of the WGP/Palmer dispute in which he once again stated his claim to developing the first functional autococking direct feed marker and the K2 had been misinformed that WGP had any rights to the system. K2 never responded. "
Glenn says: "Proving my point beyond any reasonable doubt will be no problem at all and Bud knows it. Yes, two prime pieces of evidence have been stolen but I could easily replicate them if need be and there is a lot more where those came from anyway. Even just dated magazine references would meet the burden of "a perponderance" of the evidence. ... K2 has not yet responded and I kind of doubt they will. I don't think they want what I know and can proove, to become a matter of fact in the public record; and there is little that would give me greater satisfaction.
No, I didn't patent the automation system or any of the component designs but I did try to make sure that no one else could patent any of it legitimately either...and that's all I have to say about that"
Quote:GP@PPS in the PBNation WGP forum : I showed Bud how to make it work for the Sniper in April of 1990 (after he had been trying to "steal" the idea for over a year). He made a copy of the Tornado in June of 1990 but didn't get the "auto-cocker" going until the end of '90 or very early in '91. As far as I know, the Ironmen were the first team to get them because they already knew how to use the system; from using my guns to start on their winning ways.
________________________________________ Jeff Orr April 16, 2001
Vice President
Worr Games Products Inc.
13517 Alondra Blvd
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(562) 407-2898
RE: CO2 Mail, *** magazine, May 2001; For the record.
Hello Jeff,
Just to keep this from being a novel, I'll get right to the point. In short, your letter to *** was completely out of line, since you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
It appears that your father is not being completely honest with you and that is quite unfortunate. Steve Novak's statement in the referenced article is quite accurate and your rebuttal is based entirely on misinformation propagated by your father and associates to preserve a false image. While I certainly didn't invent pneumatic automation in general, I am certainly the one that figured out how to put it to use effectively in/on a paintball gun. Bud didn't even get a chance to actually see how it worked for over a year after I had my semi auto going and in use. The fellow that he was getting his info from here in Nor Cal, the one you describe as an "engineer", was a local field operator here in Sacramento that was looking at the guns that I had in operation here. The only engineering that he did was in reverse and then got Bud involved in trying to do the conversion. That turkey (Jamel) even had the audacity to call me and tell me what they (him and Bud) were doing. They were going to "put you out of business" by offering the conversion at half the price that I did. That was at least good for a laugh as I told him to go for it. Keep in mind that this was well over a year since I built my gun and shortly after building a couple others. So you see, everything that Bud was doing with pneumatic automation was a direct result of my development work. I even explained the process to him personally and showed him exactly how the system could be adapted to the Sniper at an Easter seals benefit game in Northern Calif., exactly 11 years ago this week. (April 1990)
You also ***-u-me that Matt Brown (AGS) was into the process of developing a semi before I was; which is a big mistake. Matt's partner at the time, Dave Craig showed the prototype of what they were working on at a tournament in New York in June of 1988 and I was already well into the process. Enough so that I offered to help them finish their design in exchange for some sources on components. I was not at all interested in production of such equipment at the time, but was determined to have a semi for myself so as not to aggravate an old shoulder injury farther. Another important fact is that their attempt at making a semi with pneumatic automation never really made it to market. After I got mine running and called Dave with the info that they would need to finish theirs, including a regulator design that would fit inside the gun, AGS had decided to not market the gun because it was too complicated. In my deal with Dave Craig, I agreed to not build more of them for a period of time and in that I am a man of my word, I upheld that agreement even though AGS had chosen not to market the equipment. I was quite happy to have the only functional, gravity fed semi on the field. By the way, the first semi autos utilized the same system that we use now. You mentioned a "sentinel" valve as being used on the AGS version. Wrong again. The valve that they were trying to get to work was a standard Clippard pneumatics 4-way valve, model FV-4. Quite similar to the 4-way valves used today, except that it is spring return operation. That's the main reason the gun wouldn't fire effectively; there was no means to time the gun to set the cycles of operation effectively. In my design, I modified the 4-way valve that I got from AGS to remove the spring return and latter chose to use a Humphrey valve model 4PPX on my rifle conversions and later in pistol setups as well. The Humphrey 4PPX valve is still used to this day on the semi auto rifles that we build and is the design that bud copied exactly in the 4-way valves that were made for the 'cocker until the 2000 model. He copied exactly, the internal workings of the Humphrey valve to the point that parts from either are completely interchangeable. The only difference between the valves was the positions of the hose barbs. As you know, a couple of my older guns have been stolen recently during trips to southern cal. but I still have a couple around that predate anything built by WGP by quite some time. Some of those even have sliding triggers
That provided easier access to control the 4-way over a pivoting trigger. Coincidentally, I have to wonder why the AutoCocker bears such a close resemblance in the layout and even the internals of some of the components.
Now, you folks can play all the games that you want with image and reputation but you best get your facts straight before you start trying to make yourselves look better at my expense. I will no longer let it slide as I have in years past. In fact, I know a way that we can settle this once and for all. How about we both (Bud and I) set for a polygraph (lie detector) exam. He can tell his story and I'll tell mine and we can let everyone see who is telling the truth? Come on Bud, let's get it on and get this over with.
Sincerely,
Glenn Palmer
Owner: Palmer's Pursuit Shop
Developer of the automation system used in the WGP Autococker.
cc: to every one that I know of.
Glenn's other comments: (speaking about a RamboPreacher's Nasty Typhoon PD#1 "It is actually the first of it's kind as the only other two or three doubles that were built before it as semis, would be considered as prototypes. The only other one shown in out records that was built before that one is mine, which I named Domination and it was actually converted from a pump gun and was the gun that was used to show Bud Orr how he could adapt the system to his guns. I consider domination to be the prototype for the Autococker as it is laid out much the same as a cocker is now. Including the sliding trigger. Interesting tidbit: When I showed that gun to Bud (the weekend before Easter, 1990) one of the questions that he asked was why I had used a sliding trigger. My response was; "because I hadn't yet figured out how to get the system tied into a pivoting trigger properly."

from warpig: "Budd Orr started with his Sniper I and added a Palmer Persuit type automated cocking system to make the Sniper II AutoCocker."
from warpig: "In the mid 1980s, Bud Orr at Worr Games Products started making the WGP Sniper paintgun, machining an aluminum body and pump mechanism to house PGP valving as a high end paintgun. In the early 1990s, the WGP Sniper evolved into the Autococker when the front pump assembly was replaced by a pneumatics package that did the job of cocking the paintgun."
1991 Autococker introduced
Press release from Dec 1991 Paintcheck -- pg25/26 -- pg29 -- article mentioned cocker on market for less than a year (meaning released in 1991)
pic from vintage rex
larger pic from Vintage Rex
more pics w/ pneumatics"

[Edit: mise en page conforme à l'original]

Dernière édition par Allblack le Ven 26 Fév - 11:30, édité 1 fois
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Darkstar

Darkstar

MessageSujet: Re: Quel âge a mon Cocker ?   Quel âge a mon Cocker ? EmptyVen 26 Fév - 10:46

Wééééé, ça c'est kewl !
Nakel

Nakel

MessageSujet: Re: Quel âge a mon Cocker ?   Quel âge a mon Cocker ? EmptyVen 26 Fév - 10:48

Tien Jean-marie-trou-de-balle tu me traduit tout ca rapido s'il te plait !
Otto

Otto

MessageSujet: Re: Quel âge a mon Cocker ?   Quel âge a mon Cocker ? EmptyVen 26 Fév - 11:10

Oui d'ailleurs tu abuses Allblack, t'aurais pu tout traduire quand même grosse feignasse ! Very Happy Wink
Allblack

Allblack

MessageSujet: Re: Quel âge a mon Cocker ?   Quel âge a mon Cocker ? EmptyVen 26 Fév - 11:22

je viens de me rendre compte que c'est pas dans l'ordre... je vais y remédier.
pour la traduction, je vous propose de m'envoyer un MP. Je vous expliquerais par retour comment vous en passer Smile
Allblack

Allblack

MessageSujet: Re: Quel âge a mon Cocker ?   Quel âge a mon Cocker ? EmptyVen 26 Fév - 11:39

Aller, pour ceux qui sont VRAIMENT allergique à l'anglais: les courriers de Glenn Palmer sont fabuleux.
A l'époque K2, qui avait racheté WGP, a envoyé des lettres à tous les fabricants de clones Cocker (= tous les Cocker qui n'étaient pas fabriqués sur base d'extrusions achetées à prix d'or chez WGP) en leur demandant d'arréter leur production sous peine de poursuites.
L'excuse était une soit disant propriété intellectuelle sur le fonctionnement du front et du back block.

Pas de bol pour eux, une petite compagnie appelée Palmer Pursuit Shop fit face à l'envahisseur. Son chef de village dirigeant, Glenn Palmer, est l'inventeur du principe du réarmement automatique.
En effet, suite à des soucis à l'épaule, il a automatisé son lanceur afin de continuer à jouer. Et il a développé le concept via un prototype appelé Camille.
Lequel prototype a fini dans les journaux de l'époque, donnant ainsi la preuve que Glenn était en avance sur Bud Orr.
C'est pour ça que les avocats de K2 ont jeté l'éponge et que PPS est la seule boutique autorisée à fabriquer des "clones d'Autococker".

Le plus beau de l'histoire, c'est que Glenn Palmer a expliqué à Bud Orr comment finaliser sa propre version du semi, puisqu'il galérait depuis plus d'un an sans succès.
Le tout ayant été testé et éprouvé par une certaine équipe de l'époque, Ironmen. Leur capitaine aurait beaucoup mis la main à la patte, et il a d'ailleurs sorti sa propre gamme plus tard. Puis sa propre marque. Nous le connaissons tous sous le nom de Bob Long.

Voili voilou pour ce qui se trouve dans les échanges à la fin du post Smile
Ducon jean-marie

Ducon jean-marie

MessageSujet: Re: Quel âge a mon Cocker ?   Quel âge a mon Cocker ? EmptyVen 26 Fév - 13:54

Nakel a écrit:
Tien Jean-marie-trou-de-balle tu me traduit tout ca rapido s'il te plait !
oui madame tout de suite:

"Le texte dépasse la limite de caractères autorisée. Ouvrez-le dans Google Traduction pour consulter la traduction."

voilà, traduit et condensé, bon j'ai pas trop de mérite je suis assez doué avec ma langue surtout si ta cousine me donne son numéro...ou une de tes copines bonnes de FB.

content d'avoir pu aider.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Quel âge a mon Cocker ?   Quel âge a mon Cocker ? Empty

Quel âge a mon Cocker ?
Page 1 sur 1